Saturday, March 19, 2011

The song remembers when

There's an old country song by Trisha Yearwood from the 90's that talks about how you can be going along in your life and suddenly you'll hear a song come on that totally takes you back to a specific time and place. I'm sure you all know what I'm referring to.

I was standin' at the counter
I was waitin' for the change
When I heard that old familiar music start
It was like a lighted match
Had been tossed into my soul...

So anyway, I heard a song the other day (not the one I just referred to) that totally reminded me of a totally different time in my life. I was 20 years old and I had nothing but a bright future ahead of me. I had plans and dreams and I thought I was in love. It's funny how things never go quite how you imagined them to go. The twists and turns that life takes you through end up taking you to a completely different spot than you ever thought you'd be at. Would I change some of the things from the past 20 years? You bet I would! Or would I? If I knew that ultimately I would be right here where I'm at now, happy and in love with my wonderful husband and our kids, would I really change anything? Would you?

5 comments:

blank said...

I truly adore that song! I love Trisha's music, it almost always touches me in some emotional way. But on my that song gets me everytime, in a HUGE way!

I have to say all of the ups and downs, mistakes (enormous ones and all) and blessings of the past 21 years of adulthood - I can honestly say I would change nothing. Everything I have been through, put myself through, all the mistakes, it's all made me who I am today. I am very different person than who I "planned" to be or who I thought I could be. I love my life AND who I have evolved into. I keep changing and evolving, learning how to make better decisions and choices along the way - more wise. I love that :)

135by2012 said...

Reminds me of one of my favorite Garth Brooks songs, Unanswered Prayers. Everytime I listen to it, it takes me back to those days that I would pray and pray for things to go a certain way. Now that I am older, married with a child, I understand why those prayers were not answered and I am happy about it.

Shauna said...

I used to love that song. Now I'm not so keen on it since I believe more in karma than in a god, but it's the same essence, I believe. I remember praying for stuff, too, I'm just glad that my life didn't turn out the way I was praying for! Yikes!!!

Anonymous said...

New to your blog but wanted to comment on how much I enjoyed looking over your blog. Good stuff!
There have been many times where I've wondered the same thing--would I change anything? And the answer to that is yes and no. I would definitely have a better diet and work out more but for the rest? I think that even with all the struggles and difficulties, I wouldn't change much.

TinaM said...

I would change some things from my past, for sure.

65.5 pounds Shauna!!! WOW, I am so proud of you! You're sticking with it and doing AWESOME :)