Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Learning rocks!

OK so when I first decided to go back to school I was skeptical somewhat on how I'd do.  Would I be the only older person in a sea of youth or would I fail all of my classes in spite of the fact that I studied very hard?  I had a lot of negative tapes running around in my mind...I still do sometimes.  They're not all gone.  For instance...I'm taking a political science class.  I totally love it.  I love learning about the constitution, federalism, the framers....but when I read the chapters I'm completely lost.  I have no idea what they're saying.  Which is disappointing because it's causing me to believe that I won't do well on the first test (next Wednesday).  I WANT to do well.  I study well and hard.  I'm doing very well in my other classes...more than very well...I'm totally rocking!  But I'm still a little scared about the poli-sci class.  I'll let you know how I do next week on the test when it happens.

Something that kind of bugs me about that particular class, as well, is that I swear everyone doesn't want anything to do with the fat chick.  They'll all pass a paper around for us to write on for role call but it will go all around me (literally) without actually being handed TO me.  I kind of made a comment the other day that I was too big to be invisible.  There were a few shocked stares but still...no paper.  I'm not sure how to read that.  Is it a big deal?  Should I just let it pass by?  I dunno.  I mean, I'd really like to get to know some of these people because they're smart...and I could do well to study with them a time or two.  Maybe I'll ask around today when I go to class.

I took another history of rock music test yesterday and totally aced it.  I knew every question and the bonus ones.  Can you say A++?!  Hahaha.  I really enjoy that class and enjoy studying for it.

Well that's it for now...I actually took a moment amidst my homework to type this out.  I best get back to studying.

0 comments: