Thursday, September 3, 2009

The life of a student

I had no idea I'd suddenly become so busy once school started.  I'm only going 3/4 time but I feel like suddenly all my extra minutes are just...gone!  *Poof*  Who knew???  So because of that I've been remiss at blogging lately...and for that I am sorry. 

I've made it one of my number one goals to keep the entries up whenever I have a moment.  Of course that also means contending with my husband telling me that he doesn't want me on my computer whilst he is home.  Ahhh the married life.  I'm not sure where the boundaries lie.  Because now I feel as though I'm not supposed to study while he's home either...and I study on my computer.  Let's face it...when it comes to the Federalist Papers numbers 10 and 51 I need the computer to break it down for me.  The old school English language is beyond me.  Why do they have to be so long-winded about things?  Can't they just say outright what it is they're proposing without confusing the heck out of everyone?  Or did everyone speak like that back then?  And if so....they must have all been a smart bunch of people.  Granted we ARE talking about the founding fathers of America...and that they created only the greatest document in world history.  So maybe they WERE all smarty pants...it doesn't mean that I am!  At least not in the same sense!  A smart ASS maybe...but not a smarty PANTS!

That all being said I will add that I love learning this stuff.  If I can find the time to learn when DH isn't home, that is.  Or maybe I can study but not surf?  Again...that line is very gray...maybe I'll just have to discuss with him more about it.  So anyway...my third class doesn't start until September 15 so I'm basically just doing the two classes at the moment.  My political science class and my history of rock music.  The former I'm loving because suddenly the things that I could have cared less about when I was 16 are quite interesting...and then there's the fact that I went back East a couple of years ago and actually saw where a lot of the stuff I'm studying took place.  I mean how cool is that???

And then the rock music history class.  There are a lot of people in there who are there for an easy A...and they said so.  How sad for them...because I'm really loving the class.  We're studying old school blues and jazz and ragtime right now...and we'll be moving along to the Elvis era here shortly.  I'm really having fun with it.

0 comments: