Saturday, February 20, 2010

How depressing

I've been sticking to my diet all week long and yesterday did my cleanse without cheating.  I get on the scales this morning after waking up and what do I see?  A two pound GAIN!!!  I don't understand but it's really discouraging.  I've been eating romaine salads with fat free dressing and fresh tomatoes, Italian salad from Olive Garden (although, I do suppose the Tiramisu at the end was not the best idea...nor the creamed soup), I drank the cleanse juice yesterday without scrunching up my face OR gagging afterwards and this is how I'm repaid?  A two pound GAIN???  I'm so disheartened.  Last time I was on this diet it almost seemed to fall off.  I just don't understand.  I'm FEELING better...I seem to have more energy...but damned if I just can't get below that 300 mark!

Onto other news before I slit my wrists....

I think my fave class this semester is the one with the heaviest load...Diversity.  It's fun.  We have great discussions in class (none of which have to do with a thing that's on the test) and Christopher (the instructor) really makes us use our brains.  We did have another quiz open a few days ago that nobody seems to be able to access but we have 6 days to clear it up.  Hopefully it will be by then!  I still need to start my first 2-3 page paper in APA format for the class...but I plan to do that soon enough.

I finished my first English paper and I believe it's relatively good.  Kurt didn't have much to say in the way of editing besides a small grammar mistake...and it wasn't so much of a mistake as it made sense to say it in a different way.  So I was glad of that.

And math...I love the teacher...but darned if I'm having issues with understand reducing fractions with prime numbers.  Dadgummit!  I'm determined to get it, though.  I'm determined!  Just like I am with my dieting.  I'm determined to make...this...work!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't beat yourself up about it. Sometimes the weight will fluctuate on the scales. As long as you notice the looser fitting clothes and improved psychological moods, you will be fine. Also be sure to not consume too much "fat-free" dressings. Keep up the great work with your articles and please stop by my health blog sometime. The web address is http://healthy-nutrition-facts.blogspot.com/.