Thursday, June 4, 2009

Stinky dog

So my chihuahua has been going into the depths of the backyard and coming back inside smelling like something ripe and rotten!  I'm not sure where she goes to roll...but it's a hideous smell.  I'm almost afraid to know...but I need to go scout the yard to find whatever it is.  I can't be giving her baths every day!  She does love getting them but it's harsh on her skin to be getting them daily.  Besides...I think at one point or another she probably got some water in one of her ears and now it's bugging her.  I'm going to wait another day and see if it gets any better.  If it doesn't then a trip to the vet is in order. 

If it isn't one thing it's another.  We just had my other dog, a flat-coat retriever, in the vet a couple of months ago for pancreatis.  She had an overnight stay and we were pretty worried about her.  And at the beginning of the year I had my chihuahua in to get spayed.  I think this is what pet insurance is for.  But it's one of those things you always think about getting after the fact.

2 comments:

reneasskinnylove.blogspot.com said...

I have pomeranians...put BIG cotton balls in the ears befor the bath.

Shauna said...

I usually avoid her ears, altogether. She was fine within an hour so it was no big deal.

*I couldn't remember writing this lately...then I looked at the date!