Monday, January 25, 2010

Today was the first day back to school after winter break.  New semester, new classes. 

Now, as a fat girl there are two things that I was concerned with with the new semester.  The first being parking.  Although I had it perfected with last semester I was worried about the new building and new time.  I know, I know...I worry about the oddest things...but seriously, this was one of the main things that I was concerned about.  Being uber fat makes walking long distances hard.  My lungs get all worked up, I turn all red in the face, huffing and puffing...wait, am I talking about the distance between my lounge chair and bed or between the parking lot and classes.  Both!  So I worried about this.  I worried for naught.

The second thing that only a fat person of my stature has to worry about is squeezing into those small desks.  I had two classes last semester that I had to do that with.  It was rough.  I always felt like I was squeezing into jeans that are two sizes too small...tugging, pushing, shoving...you get the idea.  So when I reached my math class and saw that it was tables I was elated!  One class down!  And the class and instructor isn't so bad, either! 

After math is English...and when I peeked through the window on the door to THAT classroom I was not so jubilant as the desks were desks...and not tables.  *Insert frowny face here*  When I went in I saw the little table on wheels with the comfy chair and headed towards it.  They're always in the front row anyway and so it was perfect!  (I'm a front row kind of gal.)  So I didn't need to worry about wedging myself into a small spot yet again.  Woohoo!

After all was said and done I really believe that I will have a positive experience with these two classes.  Tomorrow I have diversity and we'll see how that one goes.  It's on the ground floor so it shouldn't be too much of an issue...and the parking lot is one that I'm familiar with.  Go me!

0 comments: