Sunday, February 13, 2011

Frustration mounts

I've hit a plateau in my weight loss. I've been eating properly, certainly exercising, but the scale just doesn't want to move! I'm so frustrated it's not even funny!

So...I'm going to employ another 9 days cleanse. It's basically no food for 2 days while drinking this disgusting drink, then normal "shake" days for the following 5 days, then 2 more cleanse days. The cleanse days are rough since my husband adores eating crap in front of me. Okay, maybe ADORES is a bit strong, but he has no problem doing so. Anyway, something needs to change. I'm getting a little disheartened at the whole ordeal. I still have 100 pounds to lose...I can't hit a plateau NOW!

This week's weigh-in showed a 1 pound gain. *Sigh*

2 comments:

FatGirl said...

You can do it Shauna! Im sure your body is just gaining muscle at the same time as its losing weight!
I would kill my husband if he ate crap in front of me lol.. he has actually joined me in my weight loss journey (not that he really had any to lose) and it helps soo much to know our whole household is on board with my plan!

Shauna said...

He's super good about the low cal meals that I put on the menu and has no problem with eating that. But he snacks on the difficult stuff, stuff that is hard for me to be around when I'm trying to avoid it.

I do feel good in spite of no loss. All of my clothes are baggy already, so it's hard to tell if those are getting looser, but this whole thing is just getting very frustrating. If my knees were in better shape, I'd try a slow jog instead of walking but that ain't happening. Blah.