Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Losing my will to lose

Hitting a plateau several weeks ago was tough, but I still figured I'd eventually start losing again. Here it is, a while later, and I'm still maintaining at the same weight. And for once, this morning I didn't feel at all motivated to get up and get on the treadmill. I found myself asking myself, "Why bother when it's not going to help anyway?" I've been doing everything I'm supposed to, eating the right foods, avoiding the wrong ones, allowing myself tastes of what's bad for me so as to not sabotage everything that I've worked for so far. And still...nothing. The scale doesn't budge.

I have over 100 pounds remaining. I need to find somewhere within me, the will to want to lose. Because right now, as it stands, I'm just not feeling it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The scale sucks!! I was stuck at the same weight for the entire month of Jan!! And the first week of Feb!! i wanted to throw in the towel, why bother!? I dropped my calories down just a few hundred and changed my workout routine. That next week, a loss!!! Maybe your body is just use to your workouts?? maybe adding something new, or pushing yourself a little further might help. Also, I dont know if you do, but if you count calories just dropping them a few hundred can really boost your metabolism.

Blogging Common Team said...

Dear Blogger,

Please help us! We recently invited you to participate in an online survey run by the Berkman Center at Harvard University about your experiences and opinions as an active blogger. To the best of our knowledge, we have not received your response to the survey. You can participate in the survey by following this link:

http://new.qualtrics.com/SE?Q_SS=56VvZKeYQNfieyw_4Hp4lVv4k0EMdeI

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
The Blogging Common Team
Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University
info@bloggingcommon.org