Thursday, February 3, 2011

V-day chocolates & me

The worst thing someone can do when you're eating healthy is tempt you with chocolate. I don't know many people who don't like it, including me! So math class was yesterday, and the instructor always brings in gum, mints, tootsie pops, etc. etc. Occasionally, during a holiday and when she finds a deal, I'm assuming, she brings in chocolate. Bad, bad chocolate! Well, actually it's good, GOOD chocolate...but bad, bad temptation-wise for me! So there I was, I took a couple pieces of gum, one for now, one for later (who doesn't?) and am faced with this pile of chocolates in the shape of hearts and wrapped in pink and red foil. Oh me, oh my! I resisted throughout class, all the while eying that blasted chocolate as though it were poison! And just before I left at the end, I grabbed a few pieces. I know, I know...I totally caved. I'm so ashamed! *Sobbing*

When I reached my photography class I took one out of my bag (I'd just tossed them into my book bag in hopes that the deterrent of having to root around for them at the bottom of it would give me time to change my mind), unwrapped the dastardly piece, and realized that it was dark chocolate. Now, we all know that dark chocolate is a lot more bitter than milk-chocolate and, therefore, easier to resist. I was happily surprised. I popped it into my mouth, closed my eyes, enjoying the sweet, sweet flavor of bitter, dark chocolate, relishing the complete decadence of it all... Beginning to chew slowly, reluctantly, ever so gently, as to savor every last morsel of chocolaty goodness as it swept across my tongue in ever widening swishes of my tongue, coating the insides of my cheeks, my teeth, the roof of my mouth with wonderful sapidity...enjoying it till the very end: the moment of swallowing the decadent morsel from heaven.

And now, my yearning for chocolate has been abolished. I fished out the remaining pieces, doled them out to a couple of strangers whilst en route to my car after class. My craving had been appeased.

I caved in to the chocolate, blog, but I won the battle in the end. I conquered, I destroyed, and I relished a victory sweeter than the chocolate, itself.

5 comments:

FatGirl said...

Omg, you just made that chocolate sound like an orgasmic explosion.. I want some lol

But good for you! You should be proud :)

arielcircleofnine said...

LOL yes it was a bit, er...orgasmic wasnt it!? Glad you were able to stop with just one "Big O" moment LOL!!

Shauna said...

Haha...thanks, ladies. I was feeling rather descriptive today! And that was pretty much what was going through my mind as I ate it. Thank goodness my craving is gone!

Anonymous said...

Awesome post Shauna! I having been meaning to tell you how proud I am of you and how inspiring you are in sticking to the goals you have set for yourself. Keep it up. We are cheering for you. :)
Christine Marchant Worthington

Shauna said...

Thanks, Christine! It's so nice to hear from you on here! I can use all the encouragement that I can get!