Thursday, March 18, 2010

I've Been Given a Gift

I have a friend whom I've never met face to face and yet feel as though I've known her for some time.  We share the weight problems, we both have a huge love for our critter kids, we both love to write.  Corresponding with her is always a lot of fun.

So about a month ago she makes the mention about how she was working on some digital art that she was creating.  I asked her about it and she said it was knotwork...like celtic stuff.  Kind of like the celtic cross tattoo that I have on my ankle.  So I asked her a few questions and she told me about a beautiful piece that she made for her husband for his birthday not long ago and gave me a link to it on Facebook.  It was gorgeous.  Tedious, artistic, creative, and VERY time-consuming.  And she offered to create one for me.  I was honored.  I was speechless.  And, of course, I accepted!

This is a small version of the larger one that she created for me. 



While she is creating them she puts a certain energy into it so that it holds that kind of energy.  So not only is it beautiful...but she created it just for me.  I'm planning to frame it and put it in my bedroom so I can see it when I wake up each morning.

What my friend, Bert, doesn't realize is that people don't normally give me things like this for no reason.  Generally there are strings attached or I receive gifts from family and friends for holidays/birthdays, etc.  Normally I am the one who gives to others.  I love to give but rarely ever receive.  And so, what Bert doesn't realize, when she created this beautiful knot work for me...just for me...using so much of her precious time...she made me cry.  Bert, I know you read my blog...thank you...from the bottom of my heart.  You're gift means so very much to me and you are truly a beautiful person inside and out.

0 comments: