Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy birthday to me!

Yesterday was my birthday.  The years are passing entirely too quickly these days.  I swear I was JUST 10 years old and entering the fifth grade!  What happened?!  Surprisingly I wasn't sad or depressed.  It was just a day.  Kurt let me sleep in as long as I wanted (I think I got up around 11:30) and he came home early from work with a gorgeous flower arrangement!  That he actually went and bought!  From a FLORIST!  I was shocked!  And I felt supremely special.  If you know Kurt that's a difficult thing for him to do...step outside his comfort zone and drive around (he forgot to check google for where a nearby florist was!) until he found an actual florist (not the grocery store), go inside and specify what he wanted.  And the man, my sweet, sweet man, remembered my two favorite flowers!  Roses and daisies!  How cool is that???  I was teary when I found all of this out.  I love the man, I really do.

I received in this past week birthday cards from my mom and Randy and from my greatest in-laws ever, Norma and Rick, who were so kind as to send me a check for $30!  I know things are tight with them so this was a totally unexpected and wonderful surprise.  I strive to be more like Norma every day.  I think she's the most sweet, kind, caring and thoughtful person that I know.  I've been so blessed with in-laws like them.  They're awesome in every sense of the word!  I only wish they still lived here in Reno because we miss them so very much.

We chilled at home for an hour or so then headed out for dinner at Jazz.  It's a Cajun restaurant with great food, great live jazz music, and great service.  I ordered the stir-fry (my fave) with beef, chicken and shrimp and Kurt had one of their creole dishes.  I can't remember which one.  I also ordered a side of cheesy grits cuz they sounded kinda fun and I'd never had them before!  The food was deelish!  I love Cajun spices and love the great food.  We started out with popcorn shrimp and our usual fried pickles.  Can you say YUM?!  Our food came and we ate half and saved room for dessert.  Kurt doesn't care much for sweets so this was just for me...but I ordered their stuffed beignets with strawberries and chocolate and a slice of chocolate cake.  I wanted to have cake on my birthday!  We both shared them and it was yummy, of course.  They also brought out an order or normal beignets that are a gift for your birthday so we ended up taking those home along with our leftovers.

Afterward we headed over to Fashion Bug (I saw some flip flops in an email they sent me that I wanted).  So we got there and dashed inside through the rain.  I know that Fashion Bug is owned by the same people who own Lane Bryant but I must say that other than their $9.99 t-shirts I was unimpressed.  I'd rather go to LB and get what I want there.  So, this evening after Kurt goes to gaming, instead of doing my homework like I SHOULD, I'll be going to Lane Bryant to buy me some $9.99 tees with my birthday money and the coupon that my mom sent to me!  Yay!  I love shopping for clothes.  We have nowhere to put them...literally.  We have piles of clothes on the floor in our bedroom...but by golly I do love shopping!

It was a good day.  It was a happy day.  I got in my workout, drank 3 liters of water, received a gorgeous flower arrangement from the greatest man in the entire world, and had a great dinner.  And I'm one year older.

0 comments: