Saturday, April 24, 2010

Went to the dr yesterday

So several months ago I had a bad experience with the doctor that Kurt and I have been seeing for our general care.  I was in for a follow-up appointment for my anti-depressants and was trying to explain to him some side effects that I thought were happening.  He interrupted me in the middle of explaining what was going on and told me that I would need to make another appointment because he believed I was "collecting symptoms" and he didn't have the time.  I was shocked!  This guy was working for ME...not the other way around.  I don't give a shit that he's got a DO after his name!  I don't CARE that he spent tons of money and years going to med school followed up with a private practice.  That's not my problem.  BUT...I do care that he didn't have time for me when I made an appointment, paid my co-pay (while my insurance would be paying the rest) and showed up.  I was pissed.

So...I got on the internet and started reading up on other local doctors.  I was not going to be seeing this guy any more.  Kurt doesn't mind him...but I certainly do.  I read a TON of reviews.  And I paid attention.  I finally found a woman, about a 10 minute drive from here, who had several positive reviews.  She's on the preferred physician list for my insurance company....and, I repeat, she has a LOT of great reviews.  A total positive.  SO...I made an appointment.  The first appointment was to have been in January but due to a snowstorm I was unable to make it.  Bummer for me since first appointments are hard to come by with her since she only works 3 days a week!  So, I remade another appointment and it finally happened yesterday.  I'm so glad I persevered.  She's wonderful and I feel as though I'm making a great choice.  She also told me that she does PAP smears, too.  Always nice to not have to go to another doctor for that.

So I asked her if there was anything that I could take whilst on my Isagenix diet that could help me with my metabolism and activity level.  So we talked it over and decided that I'll start taking Phentramine.  I'm excited to get started on it.  Along with my Isagenix I should see some great weight loss happening real soon.

I'll definitely keep you posted on what happens.

0 comments: