Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Big day for changing

So today was the first day back to work after my extended weekend.  And I handed in my notice of resignation.  When I came here I never dreamed in a million that I'd be here this long.  I wasn't supposed to be.  It was to be a break from my "life" such as it was back then.  A few weeks at the most.  Maybe find a job through the holidays and that was it.  And then I began working for the company that I do.  I liked it.  Brainless, monotonous....entertaining and fun.  I loved interacting with the people and with my co-workers.  And so it was with great fear and trepidation that I turned in my letter today to my boss.  I almost started crying.  I will miss it there.  In my cubicle on the 2nd floor.  I will miss the people that I work with and the familiar.  I won't miss the discrimination and gossip-mongering.

I am afraid that I am committing job suicide by quitting but this has been needing to happen for some time.  I can only hope that I am able to find work quickly once I return back home.  It has me excited...and very, very scared.  I don't like being out of work...and I don't like the thought of being out of work in these hard times.  I must press on!


0 comments: