Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Moving on

When one door closes another one opens.  Or so the saying goes.

I said goodbye to the past year and a half of my life yesterday morning and headed back home.  I look back and see how much my life has changed in just that small amount of time.  How much that I'VE changed.  It's scary that I was so different to begin with.

When I got to my hometown where my folks live I was beaten down and almost hopelessly lost as a cause.  I had so much going on against me that I didn't know if I'd ever make it up.  And, I admit, there were times when I was suicidal.  I'm not ashamed of the fact...it just reminds me of how much I've changed since then.  When I think about whether I'd have changed any of it...part of me wishes that I could take back the last 5 years and do them over.  But then again...I don't.  I like who I've become.  I like what I plan to become.  I love my family and my critters.

I know I'm not who I thought I'd be 25 years ago...but I'm so much more.  And I'm so grateful for that.

As I watched in the mirror my folks waving goodbye I realized that it was time.  This chapter is over.  I'm ready to start the next one.  And when I wiped the tear from the corner of my eye...I knew I was making the right decision.  And I'm so grateful for my husband who never gave up on me...and always knew the woman I have always been.

0 comments: