Friday, July 17, 2009

New Beginnings

As I sit here at work on my final day here I'm torn between various feelings of excitement, trepidation and sadness.  It reminds me that life is not without closing doors and opening windows, so to speak.  Often they're not of our own accord and sometimes they are.  I'm going into this situation with my eyes and mental state open to a new life ahead of me. 

I will miss the people that I have met and created friendships here over the past year and a half but I look forward to forging new friendships with new people back home...and for getting on with my life with my husband.  As a family again.  It's time.  We've both grown so much from this time apart.  A fragile marriage has been rebuilt with even stronger ties and for that alone I am grateful for the last couple of years.

I never imagined myself moving back home for a recuperation period in my life.  In fact, I always said I'd never return here to live again.  That shows me to never say never!  I'm grateful for my mom (as annoying as she can be) and my step-dad for taking me in when I most needed change in my life...and for allowing me to stay for as long as I have in order to grow.  I still want to kill my mom sometimes but the distance will definitely help with that!  I will miss my step-dad the most.  He's been very supportive of what I've been trying to achieve with my life.

I do look towards the future with a little fear in that I will need to start job hunting yet again.  And for us fatties it's a difficult task, indeed.  There is so much discrimination in the business world when it comes to that kind of thing.  But I have a few ideas as to how to approach the situation and hopefully one of them will yield positive results.

To my co-workers that I am leaving...thank you for accepting me.  There are others who were better at it than some but I was enveloped with a sense of security which was what I needed at the time.  My life was chaotic and I found peace at work.  A lot of people don't like working there...I truly enjoyed getting up each weekday at 4am to go in...my friends are there.  And I'm thankful for Facebook in that I can have the chance to keep in touch with them.

So...with my days coming to an end here in my hometown I say goodbye to my past...and welcome to the future.

0 comments: