Monday, September 27, 2010

I was thinking to myself earlier today, whilst trying to locate the THR for obese people, that being short really messes up exercise info.  Most information out there is based on the average woman's size/height.  We already know my size is far above where it should be, but my height, that's where things get tricky.  See, I was looking for songs to jam to for exercising, and came across numerous sites that said along the lines of "these are great for warm ups and these are great for full on cardio..."  The thing is...my legs are too darn short to walk that fast!  My full on cardio is their equivalent of warming up!  So basically, all of the songs that I'm able to listen to with the right BPM are slow and boring....  So, of course I just said f**k it and downloaded what I wanted.  I just think it sucks.

OK...vent over.  :)

6 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

How short are you? I'm sorry, I could probably read back posts and find out. I'm short so I know what you're going through but if your legs are REALLY short, then, yes, it's REALLY an issue. Just do what you gotta do and stay postitive!! ACT TALL!

Shauna said...

I'm 4'11". Normally it's not an issue for me...I rather like it. Except during the times when I don't. Ha.

TinaM said...

Haha, I feel your pain. I also like being short, except when I don't.
I only got you beat by 2 inches :)
Was wondering how tall your hubby is? He looks tall, like mine. He's got about 10 inches on me lol. wondering if that's how you guys are too :)

Shauna said...

Yeah, he's a full foot taller than I am. That part's never been a problem...except when we try to slow dance together. Then I look like a monkey hanging from his neck! Hahaha.

Dawn said...

I just listen to what I like and what keeps me moving. Good luck.

I am here via the Hot 100

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I'm a whole whopping 5'2" on a good day so I hear you!