Friday, September 3, 2010

Stop! I wanna get off!

The past several weeks have been crazy hectic.  Preparing for school, getting my student loan, getting the new computer (FINALLY), K's computer dying, K's computer being in the shop for a week, getting K's computer back for a few days and having it die on us again, K's computer BACK in the shop for another week, K and I calling them every day for updates that we never received, me finally calling and demanding to speak with the store manager (fuck those little peon assistant mgrs!), chewing him out for having geniuses with no brains, him assuring me that they do, indeed have brains, him telling me K's computer is officially on the shelf and not working and that they'll send a new computer to replace it (improved and updated), waiting yet another week for new computer to arrive, meanwhile, watching our shows on Hulu and Netflix dvd's on my new laptop, me not having the time I wanted or needed to keep up with MY stuff, mom visiting us and turning the house upside down for the yard sale and a huge clean-up of the back room, school starting last Saturday instead of on Tuesday (as I was planning) and me finding out just a day before, first week of school down, english will be fun but math may be a challenge, Spanish...well, I dunno yet!  And finally, being broke again, as we've paid everything and still need the remainder for K's student loan through January.

Being broke is no new thing, obviously.  But I sure do dream a lot of when I'll have my degree and be able to pursue a career that I love.

As for the weight loss...I may not have been writing in my blog but I don't forget to update my little ticker in the top right.  I didn't meet my semi-unrealistic goal of 25 pounds in one month...but I did lose a decent 12 pounds.  I will take it!!!  The 25 would have happened if I weren't on my anti-depressants.  But that's ok.  Like I said...I'm happy!

2 comments:

TinaM said...

Sounds crazy! Glad you are happy though :)
Wooo Hoooo!!! 12 pounds, that's awesome Shauna!!!
You may have mentioned it, but I forget... what are you getting your degree in?

Shauna said...

Eventually I want to go into veterinary medicine. But I'm getting my vet tech degree first. I'm stoked about it. I haven't entered the program yet, tho. I have to do all the requirements. Ugh.