Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm baaaaack!

It feels like it has been forever since I last blogged.  And, I suppose it has, in a way.  Oh, I know I've had my long spells before...but those were different.  Don't ask me how...they just were.  Haha.

Anyway, my mom was here visiting for a little over a week.  She flew in to help with the yard sale and to help me get my house cleaned up a little and put in order.  Now, that does't sound so bad if you're a normal sort of slob.  Which, I'm not.  I'm never normal.  Normal is boring!  Nope...my house is like a hazmat location.  Seriously.  Well, maybe not that bad...but you get the idea.  We have a large back room attached to the back of the house.  It used to be the patio in back, but at some point it was made into a large extra room.  It was packed almost to the rafters with boxes and other miscellaneous crap.  Stuff that we'd put in there shortly after we moved in...and never touched it since.  It's been worrying at my mind for years to get it cleaned up...but it was such a big job that I was always so daunted by it all.  My husband was not very supportive...relying on me to gain momentum and motivation to get it done...and that, in itself, was another big reason for why it was never cleaned up.  So anyway, after the yard sale...we concentrated on that room.  And now?  Now it's like a whole other place in there!  My mom had initially thought that we'd get it cleaned up and put in order in a day or less...little did SHE know!  It took us about a week to get it all done.  Granted, among the time we spent back there, we also did a bit of cleaning up in my kitchen, bedroom, and living room.  I feel like we truly got something accomplished back there, though, and it feels amazing! 

In all the time that my mom was in town, the only days that I missed my treadmill were the ones that the yard sale was on.  And those days I was lifting and moving heavy boxes all over so I still got my exercise in.  As soon as Monday came back around I was back on the treadmill doing my thing.  I did weigh myself last Sunday and had a gain...but it's ok.  It was also my TOTM.  I know, right???  About friggin' TIME!!!!  It's been over a YEAR since the last one and so I knew that the gain was probably because of that.  Thank you, Metformin!!!

Anyway, back to the treadmill...I don't know which day it is...but I'm up to 50 minutes on there now.  Slowly getting up to the one hour mark.  Woohoo!  And now I don't dread going back there, either, cuz the room's all nice and clean.

I was also online to print out my class schedule and discovered that my first class begins tomorrow!  I'm so glad I thought to get on there and check!  So, I'll be going to my Spanish class tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to it, actually.  Should be fun. I hope it's fun.  It'll be fun!

3 comments:

TinaM said...

Glad your not worried by a little gain, just keep at it and it will be a loss next week!!!
Glad you and your mom got so much accomplished!!! Oh how I wish I could get the ambition to do my basement... uh. someday...
Glad you are back! :)

SkippyMom said...

Chiming in that we too have a room like that - it is called one side of my two car garage [thank god we only have one car] so you are not alone. Would your mother care for an all expense paid trip to VA to help me? lol - I will even throw in a lovely tour of Washington DC for a few days if it would get her over here. I have absolutely no motivation [let's be honest, no strength] to tackle it.
Your treadmill numbers are awesome. YAY. I am getting nervous about the winter coming when I won't be able to walk the dogs anymore and if I don't walk, arrrgh. I need to get a treadmill. :)
Very exciting about school! Have fun [and yes, it will be fun] and keep us updated. Bueno suerte.

TinaM said...

Donde Esta Chica???? LOL, I hope that means what I think... I'm so rusty. Ray's sleeping so I can't ask haha :)
Anyway---

TAG! You're it! :)
Come visit my blog to see your 8 QUESTIONS

Buenos Noches!