Monday, August 16, 2010

2 weeks today

Today marks the 2 week mark of treadmill'ing.  I'm so damn proud of myself for stickin' to it.  And today...oooh, it was a close one.  I had a lunch appointment at noon with my friend, Angela, and I woke up at almost 11.  My normal routine comprises a wake up, breakfast shake, then right to treadmill.  Well...I kept reasoning with myself that I didn't have time to do my 45 minute workout and shower and drink my shake so I'd skip today.  Just one day wouldn't hurt.  Right?  These were the thoughts running around in my head.  And then I gave myself a mental slap.  Just because I didn't have time for my FULL workout didn't mean I couldn't do one at all!  So I determined I'd get on for 20 minutes.  So as I was putting on my shape-ups I got a text from my friend saying she was STILL in line at the DMV and could we push lunch to 2 o'clock!  I was elated!  Now I could still get in my normal workout!  Suhweet!

So here I am...sweaty, salty, and feeling awesome, because I didn't cave in to my inner thoughts.  Those things can be such tricky bastards, ya know?

And I realized something, too, whilst treading away....  On the days when I try to make the most excuses and least feel like walking...those are the days that I need it the most.  I can't give up on being healthy.  I just can't.  My goal is loss...not gain.  And I can do it!

On a side note...on Saturday I treated myself to a Wendy's baja salad.  They don't have the southwestern ones, anymore. :(  But it's almost the same...but instead of cheese and sour cream you get pico de gallo and guacamole!  I love quacamole!  And this stuff is spicy!  You still get the chili, of course.  And may I just say that this salad was do delicious??  I was tempted to order a pizza...but I opted for the salad.  I'm so happy that I did.  I can feel much better about myself for it.

1 comments:

TinaM said...

Great Job Shuana!!!! I'm so damn proud of you too!!!! :)