Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Good friends...

I'm reminded time and again of just how great the people that I associate with are.  I think as we all get older we tend to tighten our "inner circle" so to speak to those whom we truly trust and enjoy being with.  When we're young, we're all about partying...back then it didn't matter WHO you were with...hell, I remember times when I made best friends for a night at the bar...and never saw or heard from them again.  It happens.  But when you're older, you're wiser.  You've learned a lot.  And you know that you need stable friends and family around you that love you and support you...no matter what.  And that's what I have.

I received a text message from my friend Brenda yesterday.  We had an EPY class together last Fall and I haven't seen her since!  We've kept in contact on Facebook, however, and have always planned on getting together again for lunch or drinks...whatever.  Well, like I said, she texted me yesterday and said, "let's get together for lunch and drinks at happy hour...on me!"  How cool is that???  Seriously!  I miss her...we used to have so much fun in EPY...I made some truly awesome friends in that class.  Kelly was another one.  I don't think I've mentioned Kelly before...but she's an angel.  She really is.  Anyway, so Brenda and I are getting together on Tuesday of next week for an early dinner and drinks.  I can't wait!  It'll be so nice to catch up with her again!

And on Monday I'm getting together for lunch (on her!) with my friend, Angela.  She and I met last semester in my math and english classes.  We had math first and then walked to english together down the hall.  We got together a few times for studying and had lunch a couple of times for fun.  She's young, she's fresh...and she reminds me a lot of ME when I was her age!  Anyway, we'll be getting together next week, too.

This evening Guy came to Reno.  He need to pick up some software and wanted to meet up with me and Kurt while he was in town.  Since he's hardly ever in Reno...and since I rarely go to Sac to see HIM anymore (we usually go to see my dad), it was nice to see him again.  It's been a year.  And, as you all may remember, he is the one who bought us the groceries last week.  He took Kurt and I out to dinner this evening and we had an enjoyable visit.  He'd never met Kurt before today, so it was nice to see both of my favorite guys in one spot, for once!

So, that's the update on my social life these days.  I'm completely broke...but we're doing ok, we're surviving, and we're happy.  And I can't ask for more than that...except maybe a job!

0 comments: