Monday, August 16, 2010

My mom's coming to visit

This Wednesday my mom is flying in for a visit.  She's going to be helping me go through my house and get ready for the yard sale that I'm having this coming weekend.  My husband and I have been saying that we wanted to do this for 10 years now...well this year is the year!  Haha.  MAYBE just MAYBE I'll get my back room cleared out and cleaned up so that we can freakin' walk back there!  That'd be so nice!!!

Anyway, mom's coming to visit.  Poor K has to sleep on the sofa so I can share the bed with her.  I feel bad kicking him out of his own bed, ya know?  But we don't have anywhere else to sleep.  It's so darn small here.  I can't wait till we have money again so we can move into a house with a yard.  It's good to have goals, right?  Sigh.

Upside, is that in 15 days my classes start.  I've signed up for math, english and Spanish for beginners!  I figure if I can follow through with the spanish lessons that I will be more of an asset in my career than if I didn't speak it.  And I've got a great friend who speaks Spanish as a 1st language, who can help me.  :D  Gotta love that!

2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Everytime we have company Pooldad and I invite our guests to sleep in our room - b/c it is the most spacious and has it's own bath - more privacy. It has always been this way - and we prefer it - so you shouldn't feel bad as I am sure K is fine. Although I have some relatives that always fight me for the couch. lol

Good luck on your classes! Sounds like fun! :)

TinaM said...

Having that back room cleared out should be a big stress relief for you!! My basement is like that... and I know that if I got it cleaned it would feel sooo good!

I hope you have a good visit with your Mom :)