Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I like cheese!

So a week ago from yesterday I began a renewed conviction to lose weight.  I'm determined to lose 25lbs before the 31st.  So far, I've lost 6.5 pounds (on Saturday's weigh in), and I will weigh again after my second cleanse on Friday.  So Saturday I will update my little weight loss ticker, again.

But the biggest thing that I'm so very proud of myself for is that I've been walking on the treadmill daily.  I didn't take a break on the weekend.  I know that if I take a break this early in the routine that it will be hard to get back on it again.  So I'm going gung-ho on it.  I'm up to 45 minutes on the treadmill now.  My heart rate is in the target range and I feel great when I'm finished!  I think that's what keeps me going...that awesome feeling you get of a job well done, when you're sweating and you're feeling your body tingling with all those endorphins running around....  I love, love, LOVE that feeling!  Anyway, my doctor wants me to get up to 1 hour of cardio on a daily basis...so that should be no problem in a week or so.  And with the exercise, comes weight loss.  A lot of it! 

I've also been watching quite closing my caloric intake and what kinds of foods that I'm eating.  I'm trying to stay away from the carbs...one of my weaknesses is cheese, so I won't be buying ANYTHING with cheese or any cheese at all for a while....nor bread.  Well, bread yes...but high fiber bread.  And tonight when we went out for pizza with my friend....I had two regular size pieces and one tiny one.  I was so proud of myself.  And we went to the grocery store before that and I managed to walk right past the cheese without even looking!  I was so proud of myself!  Seriously...you  have no idea!  Haha.

Enough updates...maybe THAT'S why I seem to have so many updates on a single day...because I go days without updating!  Duh, me!

2 comments:

TinaM said...

You are doing GREAT!
And I DO have an idea lol :) I know how hard that is, I have really been struggling with my food latley. I'm so proud of you!!!

SkippyMom said...

I love cheese too - I can't have but a bit because of the sodium content, but I know how you feel.

You are doing so awesome on the treadmill! So proud of you - and I will be thinking of you and Tina during my daily evening walks with the pups - I always say "Go Tina" in my head when I walk and now I get to add you too.

You can do it! Too awesome.

Okay - I am going to stop commenting now. LOL...You are probably tired of hearing from me.

Hugs and keep up the great job.