Sunday, September 12, 2010

Offering a helping hand

About a week ago, my friend, Christopher, contacted me via Facebook to see if both myself and my husband could help him pack up his house to move on Thursday and Friday.  After conferring with K about it, we went after he got off work on Thursday to help out.  When we walked in the place was barely even touched by way of packing.  And it was a huge house!  So much to do...and all by Saturday!  Yikes!  K and I went to town on packing up the kitchen...easily the biggest pain in the ass of any moving project due to all the glassware and individual packing.  We got, perhaps, 1/2 of the kitchen done before we needed to get back home to get some rest.  I returned the following day to finish up and help wherever else I was able.  We didn't have a lot of help....a few people at any given time...but we managed to get his house packed up and ready to go by Friday's end.  It was amazing; working together to get things done was smooth and it felt great to be helping out a friend.  And, although he insisted on paying us, it still felt good to help him out.  I'd have helped him out either way.

Best of luck with your move, Christopher.  I am sorry for the reason why you're having to go, and best of luck with all of that.

 

0 comments: