Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Volunteering

I've started volunteering at the SPCA in Reno. I really enjoy it so far and am able to finally get my cat fix in since K's allergic and we can't have one of our own. The dogs are awesome to play with and walk and the atmosphere there is hopeful. I enjoy being there...and I feel like I'm actually doing something good with the time that would otherwise be spent playing online or worrying about money!

This particular little lady has captured my heart. Her name is Fuzz and she loves to snuggle and be close. She eventually took a cat nap laying back in my arms, cradled like a baby.

2 comments:

Rose Young said...

That is a pretty kitty. Whenever I go to the shelter I want to bring them all home. I wish we had one more cat but hubby says no, even though we had 3 for 13 months and it was fine.

Anonymous said...

That is such a wonderful thing you are doing! And Fuzz is adorable! I would have such a hard time leaving all the babies!! I want to take home every dog and cat I see at the local pound here in AZ.. but alas, my husband would go nuts, and my tiny house would stink so bad! You have such a big heart! I love love love this post!! Good for you!!