Monday, August 3, 2009

Catching a break

So this totally awesome job came up on Craigs List for an adoption counselor at the humane society about a week and a half ago.  So, of course I sent in my email.  I mean, it's totally perfect for me.  It was listed for part time hours and with animals.  I'm studying to be a vet. tech. so PERFECT for me!

So I sent in an email and didn't hear anything back.  So Friday afternoon I sent an email to them asking if they'd received my resume and cover letter and the following day I was asked to come in this morning for an interview.  I was stoked!  So today's interview went really well.  Tomorrow I'll be going in at 10:30-7pm to do a shadow shift where I'll hang out with another adoption counselor to see what the basic day to day is like, etc.  I'm really excited.  I really hope this works out for me because it's just perfect.  The only drawback is the pay.  It's minimum wage.  I've never have a minimum wage job in 20 years.  LOL.  But it's more than I'm bringing in now which is absolutely NOTHING.

The good thing about it all is that animals don't care if you're fat or thin.  They just want to be loved.  And I definitely have plenty of that.  And I'd get to work with the public in a special time of their life...adopting an animal to become part of their family!  How freakin' cool is that????

I'll keep you updated!

0 comments: