Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The snowball effect

Recently I revisited a rather unpleasant part of my past that. Let me explain...

I can honestly say that I've healed from the experience.  I've dealt with my past and I've overcome it.  I can look back at it from an impassive standpoint as though I'm doing nothing more than reading a bad novel.  I feel a bit of sadness and some sympathy.  But I can "see" the facts for what they are and have moved on. 

Sadly I cannot say the same about the other party.  There is so much bitterness and hatred on their end.  And I've learned through another party that slanderous lies have been told.  The years, while healing to me, have worked opposite for them.  In fact, over time, the lies have snowballed into something quite disastrous.  It is unhealthy for someone to carry that much hate in their soul. 

Why don't people let go and move on?  It's been ten long years.  Isn't it time?

1 comments:

Krista said...

Thanks for your comment, insight, and support. I appreciate it more than you might know. :)