Monday, August 17, 2009

Registration...check

So first thing this morning I made some calls regarding my classes that I'm going to be taking.  I really needed to get into an English and math class but overall it just isn't happening.  I'll just have to sign up for those next semester.  I'm still taking 9 credits, though.  The classes that I decided on are all over the schedule but I had to take what was available.  So I have an introduction to college class, Nevada history and the constitution, and the history of Rock music.  I think the last one is gonna rock.

Then Kurt and I hit the grocery store and only spent $100 for 2 weeks worth of food.  This making our meals instead of buying them is pretty cool!  Who knew???  Homemade (kind of) spaghetti sauce with adding our own spices is much yummier than buying the jars.  Just saying.

And then we treated ourselves to a movie.  We went and saw Julie/Julia.  It was so good.  Very entertaining and enlightening.  I'd recommend it.  My husband really enjoyed it, as well.

So I was trying to think about where I want to see this blog go.  I mean, yes it has to do with me...and I'm short and fat...but I don't have a lot of individual experiences that have to do with either fact.  Not daily, anyway.  So what am I really doing here?  I'm not terribly funny as a writer...I just write about what's going on in my head...and heart.  Is that bad?  Boring?  Do people really want to read about that stuff?  Do people ENJOY reading about my every day life?  I'm not sure I would.

I've been watching the 3rd season of the L word this past week on netflix instant queue thing.  It's pretty good.  I think they're in their 5th season now...I kinda fell behind for a while.  My life is nothing like that...and not in the sense that I'm not a lesbian...but more that my life does not consist of drama, drama, drama.  If it DID I would have more to blog about!  Maybe once school starts and I start working again....if that EVER happens!!!  Argh.

So when I first moved back I'd lost 10 pounds but then hit a plateau.  I need to start the treadmill again.  Exercise is always a good idea.  If I could just motivate myself to drag my ass out of the recliner and make the trek into the back room where it's located.  Back in the oven.  Blasted heat sucks the life right out of me!

2 comments:

elle said...

You may be short and fat, but looks like you're the only normal one on this site with two legs instead of three :P

Timmy said...

Yeah, what is up with the 3-legged folks up there?? Never noticed that. Good catch, Lauren!