Thursday, August 20, 2009

A new addiction

I know I haven't written in a few days.  Shame on me!  Shame, shame, shame!  I've been actually prepping for school and getting in the final paperwork, etc.  So I'm taking 9 credits which equals out to 3 classes (3/4 time).  One class is a college prep class that teaches you how to take notes, etc.  Funny, though...it starts 3 weeks after the start of school.  But on Monday and Tuesday I'll be attending night classes.  On Monday and Wednesday it will be Nevada history and the constitution and later the college prep class.  Then on Tuesday evenings for almost 3 hours...my humanities class, the history of rock music.  I'm stoked for that one.

But my new addiction is a web site called bidz.com.  Very fun...and lots of things.  You should try it!

I haven't been getting any exercise yet.  The back room is so dang hot lately cuz of the high temps in the 100's so I don't even like going back there to let the dogs in the backyard (the front yard works fine plus on Wednesdays and Saturdays I have the sprinkler on and they like to play in it.)  So I haven't been walking on the treadmill but I do walk more than I did in Utah.  It's quite a ways to get from the parking lot to Kurt's work and we also took a walk a few blocks up to 7-11 the other night.  I love walking at night.  The crickets chirping and cool air and dark night make for a romantic ambiance.  And I do love my husband!

I do have to admit that I'm getting tired of sweating after walking 10 steps, though.  Or being majorly out of breath after walking up a flight of stairs.  It has me worried...and it has Kurt worried, too.  And I hate sitting in my recliner chair and feeling the sweat gathering under my chin in my neck fold.  *Sigh*

The "kids" are great and are happy as ever....I don't think they ever aren't.  Well much.

So I've been reading this book lately called "Such a Pretty Fat" by Jen Lancaster.  She writes fat fiction/non-fiction.  More like biographies.  Anyway...VERY funny.  Some of you may have read her book "Bitter is the New Black".  There are times that I start reading at night after Kurt's already asleep and start laughing so hard that I have a hard time laughing quietly and have to put the book down.  I highly recommend it.

We both like to read books together and we recently finished a book called Middlesex.  It's about a hermaphrodite that grows up female and after finding out that her plumbing was NOT normal decided at the age of 14 to start living as a male.  It's interesting...sad, funny, insightful.  I would recommend that one as well.  We're about to start a new book but at the moment I can't remember the name of it so I'll post about it later.

I've been suffering a lot of insomnia lately.  I go to bed with a sleeping pill in me and end up tossing and turning for hours...literally.  Last night Kurt gave me a trazadone and made me a cocktail hoping that that would help.  I was definitely tired...but when I tried to fall asleep...nothing but tossing and turning.  I got out of bed and watching a couple episodes of CSI and the latest Weeds and tried going back to bed and tossed and turned till 4:30am.  The alarm goes off at 6:30am.  Needless to say I didn't get much sleep and while I'm tired now I'm afraid if I go in there I will just toss and turn some more.  It's a side effect of my anti-depressants but I'd rather live with it than deal with suicidal thoughts.  NEVER a fun feeling.

So that's my life up till now. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you re: school. I know you'll enjoy it.

Re: tossing and turning -- at just about your age, I had to really watch my post-5 p.m. caffeine intake--as in, none. Could that be a factor?

On the weight front, I'm reading an amazing book called The Gabriel Method. At first I thought, what a bunch of self-help pychobabble, but it's very readable, not babbly (except the stuff on food-combining, which is bullshit) and highly effective. It's all about "emotional obesity" and how our bodies interpret getting/staying fat as a protective response to emotional as well as physical issues. and I had about 6 AHA's while reading it! Check it out.

Hugs, Inez