Tuesday, July 13, 2010

John Steinbeck said that, "We should remember our dying and try to live that our death brings no pleasure to the world."

Again, in the book that I'm reading, Bliss To You, it says that I can find my purpose in life by asking myself "what I enjoy most." Figuring that out should be easy, right? You'd think so. And part of it is I love animals; I love children; I enjoying being around people and meeting new ones; Just because I enjoy the latter, doesn't mean that I am going to go into sales, though. Also, because I enjoy the 2nd, doesn't necessarily mean that I'll be a parent (as we've covered in previous posts). And, yes, I am working on the first by going back to school. But are all of those what I want to be remembered for?

I know that I DON'T want to be remembered for being poor. I don't want to remembered for being sad all the time...or wishing for what isn't and what can't be. But just because I do something well doesn't mean that it's my life's purpose. Maybe my purpose is to die in order for someone innocent to live. Perhaps, it's to simply give food to someone who needs it; maybe help someone up, who has fallen down. Maybe it's to rescue abused animals and find them good, loving homes.

Whatever it is, I don't know what it is, yet. Or, maybe, I do...and I just haven't figured it out, yet.

0 comments: