Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tomorrow is the day

Tomorrow my niece goes back to hell.  She's been staying with my mom and step-dad for 7 weeks, now, and tomorrow it's time for her to go back.  I don't know what the future holds for her, there, but I do know that it involves me making a phone call about a month or two from now to the authorities there.  And HOPEFULLY, it involves her being able to live in a safe home from there on out.  But, I suppose we'll see.  That's all we can do.  Wait...and see.  I reminded her, this evening on the phone, that she can call me ANYTIME she needs to talk to someone.  I'm here 24/7 for her.  ONLY for her.  NOT her mom.

She understands.

On a lighter note...apparently she's outgrown the outfits that my mom bought her when she first got there.  She's put on a little weight!  She's got quite the tummy on her, anyway, but dang....girl can eat!  But I'm surprised that she gained with the amount of swimming she did while on holiday!

2 comments:

TinaM said...

I wonder what her mother will say about her weight gain?
She sounds crazy, and I wouldn't even wait the 2 months!
It's good the child knows she can call you anytime, at least she has someone...
I know it must be hard on you. Just do what you feel is right.
Best Wishes your Way.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have decided to call the authorities. And letting your niece know you are there for her at any time is wonderful. I will hope for the best for you and her.