Sunday, July 4, 2010

Oh my achin' back

Another issue with being this fat is that your back starts to ache.  And, oh, does it ache when I wake up in the morning.  It seems to be getting progressively worse.  I could blame the queen size bed (I'd kill for a king!), or I could blame the fact that when my husband sleeps alongside me I can't move around so much....instead, I'll simply call a spade a spade and admit that it's my weight.  At least part of it is.  OK, most of it.  That, and getting old.

Anyhoo...I wake up each morning soooooo achy.  This morning was the worst it's ever been.  I could hardly move.  I literally had to roll out of bed.  OK, I have to do that anyway cuz the bed's so high that I don't touch the floor.  But I digress.  I've never had to actually do stretching exercises once I was standing.  This morning?  I did.  I was thinking to myself, "Oh god!  What if I'm never back to my regular self again?!"  But, then I remembered that I'm not naturally all that limber ANYWAY...but still.

I hate being fat.  No, no...that's not right.  I don't hate being fat.  I don't like how being fat makes me feel.

(Much better.)

And I hate feeling bloated.  Today, I've been bloated.  No, I take that back.  Bloated since yesterday.  Just feel like crap's in my tummy and it hasn't moved along.  Well, some stuff has....believe you me.  But that's something I will try to keep out of this blog entry...this time.  Anyway, you know that feeling like you're really full...but you've hardly ate anything?  That's how I feel.

I've not weighed myself since Wednesday.  I'm trying to force myself to wait for a week between because sometimes it's a let-down, when I see it.  And I know that with Kurt home over this long weekend (AGAIN!) it won't be so good for me.  Doesn't help that we have cheap food in the house, either.  Starch....carbs....argh!!!  WHY does the healthy food cost so much???  WHY???  WHY????  Someone tell me????

So anyway, back to the topic at hand....my back aches these days.  Any other fatties having that issue?

2 comments:

TinaM said...

I think it's good that you're waiting a whole week to weigh yourself :)

My back is ok when I wake up. You know what KILLS mine? Doing dishes. It was getting a lot better, but now I've been lazy and not doing much of anything, so it's back to killing me when I do do something. Dishes being the worst of it!

I'll tell you why healthy food is so expensive... the goverment is trying to kill off us poor people! ;) just kidding... kind of lol.

Shauna said...

You might be on to something!

Dishes kills my feet and legs. Standing on the hard floor without moving. Ugh. I try to wear my crocs when I do them, though, and it helps a bit more. The real crocs. Not the fakies that don't have the real support. Haha.