Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sure, it’s a morbid question, but it’s definitely one worth asking: what happens to your Facebook account after you die? Can people still post to your Wall? Do you continue to receive friend requests? Will you still get “poked”? With an estimated 5.7 million deceased Facebook users since 2003, it happens. That’s why Otrib.com created their free new Final Wishes Facebook application, so you can name an heir for your digital assets and confirm how your account should be managed upon your death and:

  • Add a Life Status Indicator to your Facebook profile
  • Send out a real-time death notification to all connections
  • Help your next of kin save time and money by automatically creating a tribute page or interactive online obituary and transferring administration of your Facebook account to your heir

Click on the graph above to find out more!

**This is a Bzz campaign of which I am an agent.  This is not a gimmick, or a joke.

2 comments:

TinaM said...

it is a good question!

I have already thought that about my blog... I'm going to have to tell Ray to come on here and let you all know if I die.
As far as facebook, I guess the same thing. He will log into my account and put the status as "I'm dead." No that won't due... I am going to think of something funny for him to write :)
I better tell him these plans huh?
:)

Veornica said...

This is too funny. A while back I mentioned in a post that I suddenly got very sick and found out the symptoms could mean I'd die the same night. Never Google your symptoms--they always spell death! LOL! Anyway, one of the first things I asked my husband was, "if I die tonight, will you log in to my facebook page to let everyone know?" Your post here reminds me of that and although it's not a joke, I am morbid and find it funny.