Monday, October 25, 2010

I discovered this morning, as I was getting dressed for a hurried trip to the pharmacy, that one of the downsides (of many) of yo-yo dieting...is the vast range in clothing sizes that you have in your closet.  You see...I was wearing size 8 Right Fit jeans from Venezia (Lane Bryant) last winter.  (I'll go more into Right Fit, in a moment.)  Now, I wear a size 5.  Do I have any size 5 Right Fits?  Oh no.  I have size 8's...and I have size 4's.  I tried on the 4's and they're just a wee bit too tight...and I definitely can no longer wear the 8's.  And I totally can't afford to go buy more with being unemployed.  Great...just swell.  It's friggin' cold out...and I'm having to wear capri's or sweatpants!  WTF???

OK, Right Fit jeans...I used to swear by these things.  I have the old style...but they've recently changed them - for the worse!  Lane Bryant...oh how can you do this to me???  I loved my Right Fits...and now, now they don't fit right...how can a Right Fit fit wrong???  I don't know how they managed it...but they messed EVERYTHING up on these perfect jeans.  The old sizes are no longer the correct sizes, and they fit all wrong...tight in spots they shouldn't be...baggy in spots that shouldn't be...and after a couple of hours the whole darn bit of them is 2 sizes larger than when you put them on!  And don't get me started on the change in fabric!  It's thinner, less durable, and frays easily!  Lane Bryant...bring back the old style...this is one upgrade that was actually a DOWN grade!!!

9 comments:

Charlotte said...

Hi, Shauna!
I'm a Hottie too!
I can relate to this post completely. I've never tried the Right Fit jeans, but I hate it when companies go messing with a good thing. I do, however, have a closet full of clothes in every possible size. I really think this time around I will get rid of clothes as they become too big, no matter how much I paid for them. Otherwise I give myself too much leeway to slip up like I have in the past.
Hope you find your dream jeans again!

(Where do you live that's so cold already?)

Shauna said...

I want to throw them away...but since I'm not working, I just don't want to before I know for a fact that I'm not going to gain the weight back. They were just too expensive to do that!

I live in Reno, NV...it's freezing! The heater's been coming on during the nights and days now. I'm not looking forward to the ice and snow again. It seems like winters are always lasting longer than the summers.

Tessa said...

Hi Shauna, I'm a little confused so hope you can help me out. You're Weight Loss Ticker says that you have 100+ pounds to go. You're blog today says you wear a size 5. Am I missing something here? I have 130 pounds to lose and right now I wear a size 24. Are your sizes there different than here in Canada? Just wondering.
It has started to get cooler here now as well. We've had snow the past couple of days. It's not going to stay but sure does mess with traffic when it's here.

Shauna said...

Hi Tessa...you did read correctly...on both counts! I have 130 more pounds to lose...AND I've been wearing a size 5 in Right Fits. Which is approximately the equivalent of 22/44. I don't know why they did that kind of wacked out sizing...but it's always fun to see people's reactions when I tell them I am wearing a size 5 or 8, even! Haha.

colenic said...

Shauna-
I completely agree with you on the right fit jeans. I went to a Lane Bryant outlet the other day and they had their old old jeans (in normal sizes) bootcut.....I bought three pairs....I love them.
However- all of their jeans seem to gain two sizes throughout the course of the day and it drives me INSANE. I don't know if you have ever looked at Old Navy's plus size jeans online...they usually have pretty good deals and I love them!! They seem to have the best variety of different cuts AND I often find them for less than $15.

Call Me Ishmael said...

I've never tried those pants, but thanks for the warning! I'm hoping soon to have to buy a new pair a size down, but I'll avoid the Right Fit's from now on.

TinaM said...

I've never tried those jeans either, but I hear you on retailers messing with a good thing! WHY? I don't know... just to make us suffer!

A size 22? Not to shabby Shauna!!! It is funner to say size 5, something I've NEVER said lol. But 22 is great too! You're loosin it girl!

Pippa * Jeanne said...

I tried on new jeans a month or so ago, and the sizes were just completely crazy & misleading. It was disheartening, to say the least. Then I found a great pair which looked good on my body, and now, since I've started the Hot 100, they're getting totally baggy! I'm not complaining, though, it's a FANTASTIC feeling, isn't it?

Thanks for your comments over at my blog - I'm keeping my eyes peeled for your Hottie update, Shauna!

Karen said...

I have an array of clothing sizes too. I think one of the biggest mistakes I have made as a yo-yo dieter is not tossing things the minute they were too big. Makes it too easy to regain. Sigh.