Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekly update

I got on the scale this morning, and, as you might have noticed my ticker in the top right, I lost a whopping SIX pounds this past week! 

Now people, before you get all concerned, I'm eating!  Sometimes, I think I'm eating too much.  But I'm changing my habits.  No longer do I head to Starbucks for my frappaccino after classes during the week, nor do I hit McD's several times a week.  I eat healthy dinners that my husband prepares on a daily basis (ok, ALMOST daily), smaller portion sizes, healthy desserts like peaches and nectarines and grapes, as opposed to ice cream.  HOWEVER, I am not denying myself my favorite things.  Once each week, on Saturdays, I treat myself to McD's.  I get a caramel frappé, three mcdoubles, and a large fry.  Normally, I am only able to finish the fries and a burger, sipping on the frappé most of the evening, leaving two burgers left over for whenever. 

I bought two pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream almost a month ago, and ice cream, ladies and gents, is my weakness.  I have only ate one pint of the two!  I'm just not craving it.  And when I think about wanting something sweet, I go to the fruit in the fridge before I go to the ice cream.  OR, we also have Minute Maid's frozen juice bar that are a treat, as well.  I'm not depriving myself.  I'm not starving by any means.  I'm getting in around 1000 calories per day, give or take. 

I am exercising on a regular basis, walking at the correct target heart rate speed, as opposed to going as fast as I could, as far as I could, in the least amount of time that I could.  In doing this, I'm burning fat instead of muscle.  All calories are not alike!  Burn the right ones!

I'm getting my water in.  It was one of my Hot 100 goals, and I've been doing awesome at it.

Another goal was to put the most effort that I could possibly give towards school and my family.  Well, my family is fine, however, I didn't do so well on my first spanish test.  Oh, I passed, that's not the issue.  But it was with a C+.  What the hell???  I can do much better than that.  And it's because I didn't study nearly as much as I should, for it.  So, that's my goal this week, in particular, to get my flash cards created and work on those.  I need to learn the conjugations that we've went over, backwards and forwards.  No excuses!

So that's it for the week.  Obviously, I've gotten a lot of things off of my chest in the past couple of days.  Woohoo!  It's my mutli-posting again!

5 comments:

South Beach Steve said...

Great job on the loss, and great job on working on those goals!

TinaM said...

WOW SHAUNA!!! Great job on the loss!
I saw that you have lost almost 25 pounds all together!!! Woo Hoo!!!
You really are doing sooo great :)

3 McDoubles??? :) But who am I to argue? :)
(especially with my pizza problem lol. Maybe I should PLAN days too, instead of just trying NOT to have it... it obviously isn't working for me!)

You're loosing it, and everything else looks really good. Changing habits is the most important part, and you are doing it!!!

SkippyMom said...

You aren't kidding about the flash cards. I wish I had taken stock in index cards with Squirrel. She was forever filling them out and I was always quizzing her with them.

No kidding. They work. Good luck. You have a great attitude knowing you can do better - that is the path to YOU WILL. Go Girl!

Dawn said...

You did great last week. I was checking in with you today to see how your were doing this week. I hope everything is good.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have everything on track. As you say - smaller portions. Six pounds is huge. A nice surprise on the scale.

I, myself, cannot eat ice cream...they are like my potato chips...one just isn't enough. Good for you!