Sunday, October 24, 2010

My dog is a serial killer

OK, so maybe she's not a SERIAL killer...but she's definitely got a lust for doing demonic things to birds. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

Since I got her, just before she turned 1 year old, she's always loved to catch and murder small birds. The problem is is that she doesn't stop at just killing them. Oh no...no way. She has to rip their little birdie heads off. And usually the head disappears into the secret netherland of doggyville that exists in the backyard somewhere. I've never found a single birdie head. But I've sure found a lot of decapitated, murdered little feathered beings. I don't know if she takes some evil sort of delight in fucking with the defenseless creatures, or if she's just got that lust for blood that is ingrained in her genetics...whatever it is...it's disturbing.

When I tell her, "Peaches...I don't want to find another decapitated birdie in the backyard!"

This is the look that I get from her...

3 comments:

Veronica said...

LOL! And then your heart melts and you say "OK, go ahead and murder all the birds you want." She is soooooo cute! My dog is evil too, but with bunnies. I have had to watch while she slowly killed a full grown rabbit and the squeaking was horrible. She is a big dog and you don't want to mess with her when she killed something. She'll eat your hand if you try to reach over and take it from her. So we let her murder things. It is a natural way of life but I still worry about her getting sick. She also LOVES smelly rotten squirrel carcasses. She is able to find them quite often in our walks by the river and it just is sooo disgusting. So I feel you--lol.

Shauna said...

Yeah, my big dog murders the pigeons in the yard, as well. But she doesn't do anything gruesome beyond that...no decapitations or anything...just murder.

And they BOTH love to roll in whatever stinkiness they find in the grass....sometimes they come in and they both smell so freakin' foul it's not even funny! The little one generally gets a bath immediately...but it's harder to bathe our big dog! Haha.

TinaM said...

Does your dog have to stay in the house with smart ass parrots all day? It could possibly have some kind of complex, and feel inferior to the birds in the house...
lol, maybe it's the dogs way of 'stickin it to the man' ;)