Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hot 100 Weekly Update

I lost 1.5 pounds this past week.  I'm pretty sure that it's less because I didn't get in as much water as I meant to.  Things just tend to get away with my thoughts and I totally forget to drink water.  I don't drink anything!  I really need to work on that, as it is one of my goals, AND because it's just better for me to keep myself fully hydrated.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'll definitely take 1.5 pounds, as opposed to a gain!  I was so worried that I'd gain some of what I'd lost in the last few weeks back.  I don't know why I was worried...I didn't stray into the naughty foods beyond reason this past week...but I think it was mostly because I thought I'd jinxed myself.  Thank goodness that I didn't!

My daily exercise is still going strong, 50 minutes on the treadmill, 6 days each week.  I'm really proud of that, going from my extremely sendentary lifestyle to exercising and getting my target heartrate up to fat burning, that's impressive for me!

School is good.  I turned in my first English essay last Thursday, and we were assigned our next essay topic last Tuesday.  So this time around I'll be writing about music videos, their message, what the deeper meaning is, if any, and compare and contrast to others.  I've chosen music videos from the 80's because the 80's rule; Debbie Gibson's, Lost In Your Eyes, Poison's, Talk Dirty To Me, Def Leppard's, Love Bites, and Madonna's, Like A Virgin.  Should make for interesting writing...and hopefully reading!

Spanish is going...I'm really struggling with my conjugation of verbs...but I'm determined.  I may not end up on the Dean's list next year, but I'll know how to speak better Spanish, mark my words!  Of course, I'm not saying that I'm going to strop striving for all A's, but realistically I just don't see that happening in Spanish class.  But I'm still gonna try!

2 comments:

South Beach Steve said...

A loss is a loss - good job!

TinaM said...

Glad everything is going good, great job on another loss!!!

You SHOULD be proud of yourself, 50 minutes is awesome and 6 times per week!?!?! You are doing so great!!!

Maybe you'll suprise yourself and get more used to the spanish. You might just end up with an A :)
Good luck Chica!