Thursday, June 24, 2010

Acceptance

Recently on Facebook I've been messaged a few times from various people to let me know that they're following my blog and that they find themselves in the same boat as me.  Either short, fat, or both!  Hey...cool!

You know, it took me years to realize that I was never going to be a size 4.  Oh boy, did I ever want to be, once, but now...now, I'm happy to be me.  I'm losing weight so that I'm healthy...so that I can live a longer life, and possibly rectify the infertility issues before I'm 40.  But I will never be 100 pounds.  Hell, I don't even want to be 120 pounds!  My goal is 150...I've been less than that, once, but I'll be happy there.  Healthier, no doubt.  But I want to keep my curves.  I feel....sexy, with curves.  :)

But once upon a time I wasn't that way.  I wanted to be thin.  Thin was in.  Thin was what made you popular in high school.  Thin gets you jobs, dates, etc.  Thin gets you into clothes that you'd never wear otherwise.  Thin is just more acceptable by society.

Fuck society.  Accept who you are.  Love yourself.

2 comments:

TinaM said...

GREAT POST. LOVE IT.
I am also in the same boat. Short, Fat, and know I'll never be thin. I just want to be healthy. Because we are being realistic and exepting who we are, we will be able to do it this time!!!! Go us!!! :)

Shauna said...

I don't want to be thin. I like having boobs and hips and an ass...lol. Yes, we will lose the weight to where were are comfortable...and healthy...and we will do it cuz we want to, and we have a good support crew. :D