Sunday, June 6, 2010

Last night I was sitting on the bed in the room where I'm sleeping while here at my mom's place when my niece came in.  She sat down next to me and we started talking about random things.  Out of the blue she asked me if I knew why she didn't have her dog anymore.  (They'd had a dog until a few months ago.)  I told her that I knew that something had happened and that her mom felt the need to get rid of it.  I didn't want to go into details with her.  I guess that was me being naive when it comes to my niece.  She proceeded to tell me the most horrific story of what happened when they lost the dog.

My niece was feeding the dog chicken bones with a little meat on them still and when the dog took one of them it got her finger, as well.  Purely accidental.  My niece's finger needed a band-aid because it did draw blood but it wasn't due to any sort of vicious attack.  I cannot stress that enough.  Everything was fine for the next several hours...back to whatever normal is in that house.  Then later, after Ashleigh had went to bed because she had school in the morning, around 1am, my sister came in and woke her up and made her go outside to watch as my sister shot the dog with a pellet gun.  Repeatedly.  Over and over.  Once in the head, once in the chest, once in the side, etc.  Ashleigh said it was trying so hard to get away and my sister just held it down and kept shooting it.  My niece was crying and begging her mom to stop but my sister, being drunk and "oh so right", insisted that the dog needed to be put down because it bit my niece.

The following morning my niece couldn't wake up in time to make the bus because she was exhausted and traumatized from the previous night's events and got yelled at for it.  And a few hours later, around 11am, when my niece went out to feed the animals she discovered that the dog was slowly bleeding to death...and it was still alive.  My sister forbade her from going near the dog.  Finally, many hours later when her dad came home he went out and shot it in the head with a shot gun and put it out of it's misery.

This is my sister for you.  And this is my sweet niece.  My sister will never change.  And my niece now has this memory burned into her mind for forever.  This is something that no child should ever have to experience.  It is bad enough when a pet dies from human error, or old age....but to be put to death for the reason I named above....in front of a child, no less...it's abhorring, it's so wrong, and it makes me want to take a shot gun to my sister.

I've tried for so many years to distance myself from what I knew was going on with my niece and sister because of what's happened in the past.  But after my niece told me this...I absolutely know for a fact that she needs out of that environment.  NOW!

There is something wrong with my sister.  She's just not mentally sane.  There's some short circuits somewhere and they scare me.  SHE scares me.  And I'm an adult.  And her sister!  My niece has had to deal with this for years! 

It also seems as though Ashleigh knows a lot about sex, sex toys, men's genitalia, playboy, and knows absolutely NOTHING about maturation, puberty, menstruation, or boobies.  I talked to her a little bit about the latter and she told us the former last night.  I want to kill my sister.  Some people just don't deserve to live on this earth...especially if they have children.  My niece can still be saved from a life that follows in the footsteps of her mother.  But changes need to come NOW.  Not later.  Now!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my! That is just terrible. I hope you do the right thing and get her the help she needs. Poor little girl. Good luck with everything, you're going to need it.

TinaM said...

Wow, that sounds like something right out of some psycho drama movie. I feel so bad for your niece :( You are doing the right thing getting her out of there!!! The sooner the better! She could be hurt really badly if you don't. Physically and mentally.
I am wondering about the dad, is he as screwed up as your sister? Why does he put up with all of this??? After reading the other post, I was actually suprised there was a dad involved at all...