Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'm so awesome!

Everyone knows, by now, that I'm not happy with my overall health, in general.  I mean, that's why I'm trying to lose weight, right?

But, I thought I'd try something new....

What are the 10 things that I like MOST about me?

  1. My hair....it's long, it's gorgeous, it's down to my ass!  And ok, it's starting to get some grays along the hairline, but they're EARNED grays...so I'm ok with them being there.
  2. My smile.  My husband says it's the greatest thing he loves about me; I believe him!
  3. My youthful genetics.  OK, maybe some of it is also the fact that the fat in my face makes me not have wrinkles...but my mom's side looks young for their ages...so I'm gonna run with that part, too.  I haven't been carded lately...but when people learn my age they're usually pretty surprised.
  4. My sense of humor.  I have to have one to live with Kurt 24/7!  Seriously, though, I may not be a stand-up comedienne, but I can certainly hold my own.
  5. My love for animals.  Seriously...I'm one of those people who hate stepping on ants cuz I worry that their family is waiting at home for them to bring home the bacon!  I'm THAT bad!
  6. My acceptance of others, regardless of race, religion (ok, maybe the mormons are on my shit list, still, but there's a reason for that!), beliefs, sexual orientation, or creed.  Let's face it, we're all different.  It's what makes the world, and humankind in particular, so darn fun and exciting to learn about!
  7. Being short.  OK, there I said it.  I love it!  It makes me different.  How many people can say that they're under 5 feet???  I know a couple....but I know hecka lot more who are over it!
  8. I love that I'm good on computers.  Not at putting them together, heck no.  I'll leave that to the bigger dorks than me.  But I can generally find an issue that's in an OS and fix it...or find the answer quick!
  9. I love to talk...about me.  About stuff I'm passionate about.  I may not know all the idiosyncrasies about a topic...but if I'm passionate about it then I will learn.  I will do a lot of research and I will find out!  And then I will discuss it with anyone who is willing!
  10. My writing.  I know that this blog reads more like a journal than anything else...but it's out there for anyone to read.  And a lot of people do.  I like the idea of that.  I like that I rarely spell stuff wrong and that others ask me how to spell stuff.  And I love that I can write about things that make me happy, or sad, or angry....and know that I'll feel better after I do.
So there you have it.  My list of 10.  I'd love to read your top 10.  Please share.  Just be honest and have fun!

1 comments:

TinaM said...

Nice list :)
It's crazy, your list sounds VERY MUCH like mine would. Right down to the long hair with earned greys :)
My differences would be: I've always looked older then I am (couldn't even get carded on my 21st Bday. I am not a great speller, and I don't like to talk about myself. My blog is really opening me up and I talk more about myself there than I do in real life!

I'll give you one though. I've always liked my eyes. I always loved green eyes, then mine turned green. So there ya go! Oh, and I am a good mother.

K, that's 2 plus all of yours that are identicle to mine LOL. (I also avoid stepping on ants because of the same reason. Bugs in the house? I usually make my son get them on paper and put them outside LOL)