Saturday, June 26, 2010

Nemo's being mean

My sweet boy...my lil green chicken...my sweetheart.  My lil guy.  The one to whom a good part of my heart belongs.  He's being mean.  To me!  Usually it's towards Kurt...I mean, he really doesn't like my husband.  But lately he's being mean to me.  And it hurts my feelings.  Don't roll your eyes!  This lil guy is my pal.  We've been through a lot together, he and I.  And when he lunges for me and wants to bite my face off...it hurts.  :(  I can't even pick him up without him biting a chunk of flesh off of me somewhere.  I'm CERTAINLY not gonna let him up on my shoulder next to my face!!!  I've been bitten enough by him on my face, thank you VERY much!

Normally he gets moody like this during his molts.  Well, it's not molting season.  Something that I HAVE done, that I shouldn't, is let his flight feathers grow out.  It's not because I've turned into a PETA advocate...but mostly laziness.  It's a pain in the ass to put both birds into their travel cages and haul them down to the parrot store for wing and nail clips.  It is!  But normally, if you keep their flighters trimmed, they tend to not cop such an attitude.  I'm hoping, maybe, that that is what his issue is.  We're gonna take them to get done today.

But back to the original topic....Nemo's being mean to me.  I find myself getting my feelings really hurt when he does.  I know he loves me.  But it still hurts.  :(  Stupid, I know, letting a bird get to me the way he does.  But darnit...I love the little guy!



2 comments:

TinaM said...

It's not stupid at all! I would feel the same way.

Shauna said...

Thanks, Tina. Trimming the feathers didn't work, either. He's just being a pita...I guess I just need to wait it out. Argh!