Tuesday, June 8, 2010

TMCC can kiss my ass

Last year when I started school I went to their loan "workshop" (more like meeting) to learn about the ins and outs of loans and financial aid and what I need to do and how much I can take out a loan for.  At the time I chose to go through Fannie Mae.

A few weeks ago, before I left for Oklahoma, I received an email letting me know that I was denied any FAFSA help because of our income (based on me working half of 2009) and only awarded $3500 for a loan for this upcoming school year.  That won't even get me through one semester, let alone two!

So I ask them how I can apply for a larger loan and they tell me that since they're moving over to a new system they're cutting Fannie Mae out of the game and doing it directly...and I can only get what they award me for a loan.  I was shocked.  Last year I was told that once I do all the initial paperwork I'd be able to take out a loan for up to 10k per school year, if needed....which increases when I move up from Freshman status to Sophomore, etc.  Now they're telling me I can't take out a loan anymore for any more than what they grant me.

I think fate has it out for me.  I mean, seriously.  I am not working.  TMCC says that my "family help" will be almost $13,000.  What family???  Where is all of this money supposedly coming from when we are barely squeezing by and living paycheck to paycheck?  So I filled out the paperwork for a loan increase and will have the answer by the end of next month.  They also said that I can file for an income review but that I can't do that until October, forcing me to miss Fall semester.

I just can't seem to catch a break.  No job, no job prospects, Kurt's income cutback, AND the stupid hospital denied by request for charity financial help AGAIN by saying that I make too much money!!!  WHERE the FUCK is the money that all these people are thinking that I have???  I mean REALLY!!!  If someone can find it I'd sure enjoy having it so that I can stop stressing myself sick over not having enough money in the bank to cover either utilities or food for the month...but not both in the same month!

I'm so tired of my life being in the shit.  I'm attempting to improve things by going back to school so that I can eventually move ahead in life.  But fate (and TMCC) seems to not want me to succeed.

What can I do???

1 comments:

TinaM said...

I'm so sorry you can't catch a break. I know how you feel. I have to tell you, it really seems like the system is to keep poor people poor. At least that's been my experiance!